Woodtech Africa 2020, Nairobi, Kenya
International Exhibition for wood and wood working industry Woodtech Africa will be held on September 17 – 19, 2020 in Nairobi, Kenya, at Kenyatta International Convention Center (KICC). IFWexpo organizes this event in close cooperation with its long-standing Indian partner company Radeecal Communications.
The objective of “Woodtech Africa” is to bring together the main players of the East African wood industry under one roof to create a neutral platform for the manufacturers of wood industry and their consumers, to share information & knowledge, to understand the market dynamics – existing and future (Short Term, Midterm and Long Term) and discuss current issues.
– The east African economies consume 1.2 billion USD worth of furniture annually, of which 22 percent is imported. Since growth is driven by growing urban populations and purchasing power, growth prospects are favourable, and Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania and
Uganda are likely to remain the dominant furniture markets.
– Kenya emerged the third most preferred real estate investment destination globally for the super-rich after the UK and US in a study that also shows that nearly a quarter of Africa’s rich have
– The demand for furniture has been growing by some 10% per year.
– Kenya is the largest market for furniture in east Africa. It is also the largest producer of furniture manufacturing twice as much as Ethiopia, the next biggest market.
– Kenya is a large market for Particle board, Gypsum board, MDF board & Plywood.
– There is growing optimism in the future performance of the wood coatings market, as Kenya revives the plan for the construction of two million additional housing units across the country’s urban areas with the first 500,000 housing units expected as early 2022.
– The industry produces approximately 4.5 billion KES (45 million USD) of furniture per year and exports 0.2 billion KES (2 million USD).
– The sector contributes about 5% to the GDP of Kenya.
Take the opportunity to present your company and meet with new customers!