Coex Food Week 2021Food and beverages
The Coex Food Week is a platform that presents all areas of the food and beverage industry. From raw materials to machines, packaging, organic food, confectionery and pastries, the Coex Food Week has been offering all the most important trends in the food industry for 15 years.
In the middle of global COVID 19 pandemic, Coex Food Week 2020 had been held as off and online show successfully. Coex Food Week was the largest food exhibition in South Korea in 2020. More than 300 companies participated in the last edition of Coex Food Week. Foreign exhibitors from Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Germany, Italy, also participated in the offline show.16,872 consumers visited the exhibition halls and
more than 1,000 buyers joined our show through offline & online channels.
The food industry in korea has been recently characterized by:
- An expansion of products that emphasize the exclusion of chemical additives in response to a heightened awareness and growing interest in health.
- Increased public interest in HMR (Home Meal Replacement) which has good nutrition but convenient to cook.
- An expanded market for cosmetic, functional foods.
- An increased interest in foreign traditional and ethnic food in response to a diversification of dietary life and increased opportunities for overseas trips.
- A growing interest in weaning foods and products for infants as well as the foods for seniors as a result of a sharp rise in elderly households.
Production in the Korean food industry has expanded considerably in recent years, growing by about 8.1% per year according to the Korea Food and Drug Administration.
Year 2010 2015 2019
Food Production 37.4 Billion USD 45.3 Billion USD 52.6 Billion USD
Food Ingredient 16.5 Billion USD 25.1 Billion USD 29.3 Billion USD
- Processed Agricultural Products, Vegetable, Fruit, Beans, Processed Fruit Products, Traditional Dried Snack
- Coffee, Tea, Leaf Tea, Juice, Wine, Beer, Liquors
- General Processed Food, Food Additives, Seasoning, Spices, Oil, Herbs
- Baking Confectionery, Baking Raw & Subsidiary, Materials, Bread, Cookies
- Cooking Equipment
- Kitchen Utensil
- Furniture, lnterior decorations & Store lnterior, Showcase, Consulting, POS System, Coffee Roasting Machine, Coffee & Tea machine, Capsule Coffee Machine
LAST SHOW STATISTICS
5.886 sqm exhibition space
IFWexpo – representative in Europe